Heavy Equipment Operator
Rankin Construction Inc. - St. Catharines, Niagara
- Practice safety in your every move, estimating weights and distances, being fully aware of your surroundings, doing your part to minimize hazards and reporting any injuries or damage immediately
- Create level surfaces, grade slopes to specifications, remove material and thoroughly fill voids using plans and/or a surveyor as guidance
- Load and unload construction materials, waste and other heavy objects from trucks.
- Operates graders for leveling and operates tractors to load materials such as dirt and rocks.
- Operate various equipment which may include: backhoe, front end loaders, dozers, rollers and telehandlers as required.
- Start each work day with an inspection of tires, controls, fuel and fluids to ensure reliable operation
- Change attachments, make adjustments, verify information and troubleshoot problems
- Participate in daily meetings with your supervisor and staff, maintaining constant communication throughout the work period
- Store and clean machinery at its designated location and complete work reports at the end of each working day
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in the safe operation of heavy equipment
- Clean driving record
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- Ability to accurately interpret plans
- Keep accurate records of equipment/safety checks
- Prolonged periods of operating heavy machinery.
- Able to work long periods including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to operate machinery in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
A competitive wage commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Rankin Construction Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to (905)684-2260, or in person to:
20 Corporate Park Drive
St. Catharine's, Ontario
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.