Heavy Equipment Operator
Rankin Construction Inc. - St. Catharines, Niagara
- Practice safety in your every move, estimating weights and distances, being fully aware of your surroundings, doing your part to minimize hazards and reporting any injuries or damage immediately
- Create level surfaces, grade slopes to specifications, remove material and thoroughly fill voids using plans and/or a surveyor as guidance
- Load and unload construction materials, waste and other heavy objects from trucks.
- Operates graders for leveling and operates tractors to load materials such as dirt and rocks.
- Operate various equipment which may include: backhoe, front end loaders, dozers, rollers and telehandlers as required.
- Start each work day with an inspection of tires, controls, fuel and fluids to ensure reliable operation
- Change attachments, make adjustments, verify information and troubleshoot problems
- Participate in daily meetings with your supervisor and staff, maintaining constant communication throughout the work period
- Store and clean machinery at its designated location and complete work reports at the end of each working day
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Proficiency in the safe operation of heavy equipment
- Clean driving record
- Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
- Ability to accurately interpret plans
- Keep accurate records of equipment/safety checks
- Prolonged periods of operating heavy machinery.
- Able to work long periods including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to operate machinery in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
or fax to (905)684-2260.
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.