Field Service Mechanic
Rankin Construction Inc. - St. Catharines, Niagara
Reporting to Shop Foreman
Field Service Mechanic will be required to repair and/or replace damaged or worn parts on machinery and test equipment after repairs are completed to ensure proper function and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications. Along with repairing machinery, diagnostic ability and understanding of diagnostic equipment will be required to inspect machines and equipment for faults or malfunctions. Knowledge on the use of hoists and hand tools is preferred and may be required to perform repairs. Performance of routine maintenance, such as cleaning and lubrication, will also be required to ensure machines and equipment function at maximum efficiency. Knowledge and understanding of operation manuals and maintenance of machinery service records is required. Applicants must have the ability and knowledge to work on a wide variety of equipment such as Excavators, loaders, bulldozers, backhoes, etc. Welding knowledge and ability may also be required in certain situations to perform and complete repairs on machinery.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions to produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Troubleshooting Skills: Be able to look at mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about and perform possible solutions.
- Manual Dexterity: Good hands and great hand-eye coordination.
- Attention to Detail: Being able to pay attention to the minute details of heavy equipment repair will be necessary.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- In possession of a valid G License in good standing.
- Ability to perform repairs in different environmental settings, such as in repair shop or on a job site.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manufacture needed parts from sheet metal or various materials.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and cooperate with others, as well as work independently.
- Must have own tools.
Essential Job Requirements
- Red Seal Certification or Post-secondary degree/diploma and experience in fields related to heavy duty maintenance is preferred.
- Experience with asphalt and Milling equipment a bonus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
A competitive wage commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Rankin Construction Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
or fax to (905)684-2260, or in person to:
20 Corporate Park Drive
St. Catharine's, Ontario
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.